Which Jabber server?

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Nov 19 09:49:56 UTC 2004

Ed Greshko wrote:

> Toralf Lund wrote:
>
>> I'm thinking about setting up a jabber server on a Red Hat or Fedora
>> Linux box. Any recommendations? - I was about to install jabberd 2.0,
>> but then I read somewhere that the project was no longer being
>> maintained. Is that right?
>>
>> - Toralf
>>

> On consulting the jabberd web site one finds:
>
> The project leader is Rob Norris. He can be contacted via email or
> Jabber at rob at cataclysm.cx.
>
> An email to Rob may be in order....

Shame on me for not looking more on the www.jabber.org site....

When it comes to jabberd 2.0

development in form of new features is on hold until Jan/Feb 2005
(announcement from Rob) but there is a new maintainer who manages
incoming patches, CVS and new releases

The announcement can be found at...

http://www.jabberstudio.org/pipermail/jabberd/2004-August/001867.html

--
"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never
actually known what the question is."

--The computer "Deep Thought" in "Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy"