3ware 7006-2 , Linux, i865G

oss suse at oss.ru
Mon Nov 22 14:04:36 UTC 2004

Hello linux world.

I've a serious hardware problem.
More than one year I've used D865GBFL (Intel motherboard) with 3WARE
Escalade 7006-2
ATA RAID Controller with two Seagate Barracuda 120G ATA disks and SuSE
9.0. And I've tested it with new SuSE 9.2 and RH9(all worked fine).
(And with original kernel with latest driver)

Now I've got D-Link DFE580TX Four-port ethernet card. After installation
of this
adapter into my computer the server started to hang from several
seconds/minutes of work.
It happens and with another PCI card - Cronyx PCI (8port RS232
controller (http://www.cronyx.ru)).
I have not had time to establish the driver of these devices at all!

Who knows, why my controllers do not work in pair with 3WARE Escalade
7006-2 ?

P.S. I've tested it situation with another intel mother board D865GLCL
(i865G chipset  too).
The result is the same. But All my devices are work fine on a 440BX
chipset. (Test on a old ASUS motherboard without needed productivity)

P.S.2 I've succefully installed latest firmware and bios of 3ware card
and motherboard.

Is the intel motherboard with 865G chipset is not good?
If so, who can to recommend me other good motherboard for using with
3ware Escalade 7006-2 and 1+ PCI cards?

Thank you for any future help.
Nick.