Using redhat-switch-mail-nox in a script?

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at Weiss.name
Tue Nov 23 00:52:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Ed Wilts wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 22, 2004 at 05:36:45PM -0600, Benjamin J. Weiss wrote:
> > I'm trying to write a script that'll set up an email server automatically.
> > I want to switch from sendmail to postfix on RHEL-3, but I can't seem to
> > find any command-line switches for redhat-switch-mail-nox
>
> If you don't install sendmail but install postfix, doesn't the right
> thing happen?  I don't install postfix by default but install sendmail
> and the right thing happens for me.

Yes, probably.  But I'm trying to write a script for the absolute
no-brainer.  Something that somebody can use to take a completely default
server install and run to create a secure mail server.  At least, that's
the theory...

Ben