cups printer

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Tue Nov 23 04:37:08 UTC 2004

On November 22, 2004 08:09 am, Blackburn, Marvin wrote:
> We need to set up a printer that sends output to /dev/null or otherwise
> disposes of it without printing.
> We are running redhat 2.1 es, and 3.0 as.  We also use cups.  Any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> ------------------
> Marvin Blackburn
> Systems Administrator
> Glen Raven
> "He's no failure.  He's not dead yet" --William Lloyd George

Hi,
set up a printq that uses /dev/null as the device.

as root, run "redhat-config-printer". That will bring up a gui printer tool.
Under Action, select "New queue"
on about the 3rd screen under "Queue Type" click on "Custom device" and enter
"/dev/null"

You can also change an existiong printers device to /dev/null under Action
->"Edit queue".
--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce