GUI can't start !

Crucificator crucificator at home.ro
Tue Nov 23 11:34:57 UTC 2004

Ed Greshko wrote:

> NYINYI wrote:
>
>>    Now , My linux server can't start GUI whatever i try. So plz guide
>> the way to start GUI .
>

> Please tell us what version of Linux you are running.
>
> It sounds like you need to run "redhat-config-xfree86" or its equivalent.
>
> Ed

Gee, Ed, you're so patient (or maybe you read minds :))) ). I get more
and more iritated by people saying: "Ok my thingie doesn't work. Please
advise.".
I have users being more specific in asking questions. They say: ok, so
when I try to open microshaft word it says that ...
This guy says that he can't start gui but he can't login to the machine.
So how did he tried to start X? Telepathic? Did he ever heard of logs?
"I can't login command line, too.". WHY ?????????????????????????????
What happens when you try to login? Does your keyboard evaporates? Does
your computer start running? Or maybe the letters on the keyboard start
switching places? Or the display turns away from you? One other common
problem is installing the world known distribution "Trikynux" wich
randomly creates every morning a new challange for the bored admin. A
bug has been reported and named "Playing with myself" in wich Trikynux
takes total control of itself  supposably for just a day, but he likes
itself so much that it doesn't let anyone login again and just plays
with itself (from where the name of the bug).

I think I have my QOD: Learn to ask questions before bothering people.

Yours (too much) sincerely