Finding the external IP on a DSL router?

Allen Wayne Best linux at atoka-software.com
Wed Nov 24 02:59:25 UTC 2004

Hello:

Does anyone know of a way to find the ip address on the external side of a
router?

I am have set up a Linux server for a client, where the server is 192.168.0.2
and the dsl router is 192.168.0.1. I have set up everything to do a ssh in
and out of the server via the router. The difficulty is the router will
change ip address on the external side (or internet seen side!) any time it
is power cycled. I would like to email myself the new ip when it changes.

--
regards,
allen wayne best, esq

Don't try to have the last word -- you might get it.
		-- Lazarus Long