Logical Drive Extension in RHEL 3

C. Linus Hicks lhicks at nc.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 17:50:51 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 08:55 -0500, Joe Hood wrote:
> Would this be akin to Logical Volume Manager, which I've used with RHEL 3?

Not if it's done by the array controller. If what you get as a result of
the automatic expansion or extension is that the OS sees a larger
physical disk, then it will be up to you to use that additional space,
either via LVM or by adding new partitions or resizing existing ones
(for example with resize2fs).

--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks at nc.rr.com>