USB Flash drive ??

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Mon Oct 4 15:31:12 UTC 2004

On Monday 04 October 2004 12:51, Asplund, Marcus wrote:
> Hello Fellow RH enthusiasts,
> I am having a difficult time mounting a memorex USB flash mem. stick.
> I made a directory /mnt/memstick then mounted it using
> #mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/memstick. This works in RH9. No luck though in
you could try individual partitions as suggested by others on the list, but
personally I would try
fdisk -l
which should show you which partitions exist on the drive (and in fact on all
the drives in your machine). Then you'll know what you can mount and what you
can't
It is of course possible that it appears as sdb instead...
> Fedora. I had read that Fedora core should auto detect and place an icon on
> the desktop for USB 2.0 flash mem. That didn't happen either .
Ah, but this I believe is a kudzu function - If you boot your system with the
memory stick in it should write an entry in /etc/fstab for it (it does for
any external disks I have powered on at boot)

HTH

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX