Changing domain on LAN?

Minh Cao minh.cao at statschippac.com
Tue Oct 12 21:10:26 UTC 2004

Take a look on these files  /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/resolv.conf

                      "John N. Alegre"
                      <listhub at libros.anda        To:       General Red Hat Linux discussion list
                      nte.mn.org>                  <redhat-list at redhat.com>, SuSE List <suse-linux-e at suse.com>
                      Sent by:                    cc:
                      redhat-list-bounces@        Subject:  Changing domain on LAN?
                      redhat.com

                      10/12/2004 12:00 PM
                      Please respond to
                      General Red Hat
                      Linux discussion
                      list

I have a LAN of Linux systems, 2 SuSE and one Red Hat.  Lets say they are
machine1.somedomain.whatever, machine2.somedomain.whatever,
machine3.somedomain.whatever. I want to change this to
machine1.someotherdomain.whatever, machine2.someotherdomain.whatever,
machine3.someotherdomain.whatever where the machine name and static IP
remain
the same but the domain name changes.  My IP will change the DNS to resolve

the new domain to the IP address.  What changes to I have to make on the
Linux systems to change the domain?

Thanks
john
# John N. Alegre