email issue

Steve Buehler steve at ibapp.com
Wed Oct 20 17:32:37 UTC 2004

	I am having a problem with a program that uses sendmail.  Sendmail is
running on a RHEL ES 3.x box.  Anyway, I figured to fix the problem, it
would probably be easier (but might not be) if I can have sendmail strip
the from address from all incoming email so that it only has the from email
address and not the name.  For example, If I send a message to the server,
it will get my return address as either:
Steve Buehler <steve at ibapp.com>
or
"Steve Buehler" <steve at ibapp.com>

I would like to be able to strip everything except the email address so
that it has just steve at ibapp.com as the return address.  Does sendmail have
a switch in it somewhere that will do this?  I couldn't find the answer at
sendmail.org, but from past experience, that doesn't mean that it isn't
there.  I might have been looking in the wrong area or when trying the
search engines, I couldn't figure out what key words to use.

Thanks
Steve