Question for rsync

Yasushi Okubo yasushi at cabm.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:53:25 UTC 2004

Hi,

We are backing up directories with rsync.   Our server is WS3.0 with
2.4.21-15.0.2.ELsmp kernel and has the latest rsync rpm:  rsync-2.5.7-5.3E.
The problem we are having is that rsync started changing ctime for any
files that were checked even providing with -a/-t option.

For example, I added one file to one directory to be backed up.   When
rsync script got ran, it transferred only one file, but it changed ctime
for all files in the same directory.

We have several backup servers (but those have a different kernel
version), but only one machine has this problem.
Does anyone know the solution to this problem ?

Thanks,
yasushi