Fedora 2 install

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Fri Oct 22 23:38:58 UTC 2004

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:20:28 -0600 (MDT), Jason W Elliot wrote:

> > > Hi, all.  I have been trying to install Fedora 2 x86-64 on my laptop, and
> > > it seems that every copy of disc 3 that I get is corrupted.  Is anybody
> > > else experiencing this?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Jason
> >
> > No, I have done a couple of FC2 installs recently and I tested all media
> > before the first installation.  All tested good.  How did you DL them?
>
> http
>
>   Did
> > you do the MD5 checks?
>
> You mean the "test" before installation?

No. Running the md5sum utility on the downloaded ISO images.  In the
download directory is a MD5SUMS file which contains the checksums you
should get after download, too. You can also let md5sum compare
everything automatically. Run "md5sum -c MD5SUMS" in the directory
where you downloaded all the files including the MD5SUMS file.

>   What OS are you
> > burning them on?
>
> Window$ XP.

There's md5sum.exe, too. Google finds it easily.

--
Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 1.22 1.14 1.05