ftp questions....

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 30 13:45:43 UTC 2004

ed...

thanks for getting back to me... and yeah.. it's running.. i can ftp in with
a ftp client from another box...

the issue i'm having is that although i can ftp in/access files from another
box, when i do a:
# ps -aef | grep ftp

i get

#

which is curious.. to say the least...

i can even enable/disable the ftp server/service from the gui (gnome) so the
box is actually running a ftp server/service....

but i need to figure out the rest of the issues that i mentioned...

in my /usr/sbin i see in.wuftpd, vsftpd, and wu.ftpd...

thoughts/comments/etc...

thanks...

bruce