ftp questions....

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 30 14:52:09 UTC 2004

ok...

here's what i get...

[root at lserver2 /]# cat /etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd
# default: on
#       normal, unencrypted usernames and passwords for authentication.
service ftp
{
        disable = no
        socket_type             = stream
        wait                    = no
        user                    = root
        server                  = /usr/local/sbin/in.proftpd
##      server_args             = -l -a
        log_on_success          += DURATION
        nice                    = 10
}

does this mean that whoever set this up is actually using the 'wu-ftpd' file
to run a 'PROftpd' server??? and why???

also, how can i find the actual config file to modify!!!!

thanks for all the help....

-bruce