Samba Printing

Alejandro Calbazana acalbaza at calbazana.com
Sun Oct 31 22:45:43 UTC 2004

Hello,

I finally got my printer to print via samba.  All it took was a restart of
cupsd.  Not sure why it was being stubborn...

I am able to print but I did notice that my print jobs take a long time to
spool.  I know that spooling will go over the wire, but I do not expect my
print jobs to take as long as they do (about 2-3 minutes per page).

Any hints on how to speed up this process?  I am using the correct drivers
on the client side.  I am not sure what other options I can look at.

Thanks,

Alejandro