Building a Linux NAS

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 1 00:42:45 UTC 2004

On 30 Sep 2004 at 7:39, Brian McGrew wrote:

> I've been unable to find any information on exactly what I want to do
> so maybe you guys can help!  Our company is kind of small and we can't
> afford megabucks to buy a Dell NAS or SAN do I want to build my own.

Have a look at NASLite from http://www.serverelements.com/naslite.php
It is available in FTP, NFS and SMB flavours.

It may work for your needs. I was just put onto this a short while
ago, so I have no idea how good it works, but it is on my todo list
to try.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at sympatico.ca
I've learned....
That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.