USB Flash drive ??

Benjamin J. Weiss benjamin at Weiss.name
Mon Oct 4 12:07:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Asplund, Marcus wrote:

> Hello Fellow RH enthusiasts,
> I am having a difficult time mounting a memorex USB flash mem. stick.
> I made a directory /mnt/memstick then mounted it using
> #mount -t vfat /dev/sda /mnt/memstick. This works in RH9. No luck though in
> Fedora. I had read that Fedora core should auto detect and place an icon on
> the desktop for USB 2.0 flash mem. That didn't happen either . Any
> suggestions??? Thanks in advance.
> Thanks
>
> Marc

/dev/sda would be appropriate if no partitions had been created on the
stick.  These days most sticks come with a partition pre-installed.  Try:

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/memstick

and see if that works.  I don't know about the desktop icon, as I don't
use Fedora.

Ben