video resolution with NVIDIA

Richard F. Hobson linux at rhobson.com
Mon Oct 4 15:18:56 UTC 2004

After updating my RH9 installation to the latest kernel (last one
distributed) I was no longer able to get a screen resolution higher than
800X600.  I had to recompile the nvidia driver after installing the new
kernel.  Attached is a video-section excerpt from the XF86Config file.
The resolution indicated in the file is the one I was using before, so I
know the hardware supports it.  Any suggestions on how to restore higher
resolution with this video card? (Nvidia Gforce 440)

Thanks

Rich Hobson
--
Richard F. Hobson <linux at rhobson.com>