Problem With Fedora Core 2 ISO

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 5 10:17:47 UTC 2004

harsh gupta wrote:

> sir
> i have downloaded Fedora core 2 CD 1.
> after burn that cd i have got a problam.
> i am not able to boot the pc from that Fedora Core 2 CD 1.
> pl tell me how can i boot my pc through that fedora core 2 cd1.

1> Are you sure you loaded the FC2-i386-disc1.iso and not the
FC2-i386-SRPMS-disc1.iso?

2> Did you run MD5SUM to make sure your image is not corrupt?

3> Did you burn the CD appropriately as an image, not a file?

4> Is your BIOS set to boot from CD first?

5> Have you read any of the install guides at http://fedora.redhat.com?
Even when you click on the download link it tells you exactly what you
need and how to do it.

6> Have you tried reading the list archives or done a google search?
(This subject has been covered before).

> one more thing
> what is this
> FC2-i386-SRPMS-disc4.iso
>
> i dont know pl tell me what is this.

It's the source RPMs - you won't need this to install FC2, only if you
want to tinker with the sources.

> THk for your time.
> Bye
> HARSH