Incomming mail

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Tue Oct 5 13:27:17 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 12:05, Daniel Vickers wrote:
> Hi, I am haveing a problem with incomming mail on my Fedora Core 2 box.
> It's pretty well a fresh install. I have the ports opened and set to the
> server on the router, and also on the firewall on the box. Most all
> services are turned on and configured from what I can tell. I'm not sure if
> I am missing something or not, I am used to configuring the mail server in
> X from when I was running redhat 9, 8, and 7. I do have webmin installed
> and checked what I could in there and everything seemed ok. Any ideas?
so you have turned on your mailserver and it works?
which MTA are you using? Sendmail / Postfix / Exim?
have you allowed it to accept incoming mail from external hosts?
have you restarted it since the change?
RH documentation will help you here, as this question has been asked _many_
times on the list...
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/RHEL-3-Manual/ref-guide/s1-email-mta.html

the only difference you will see from these docs to your machine is that the
RH config tools (if you use them) are called redhat-config-whatever. Yours
are called system-config-whatever.

you might also find good info for other common questions at
http://fedorafaq.org
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs
http://fedoraforum.org
archive search tool @