the rc-local file problem

menonrr at jmu.edu menonrr at jmu.edu
Tue Oct 5 13:48:34 UTC 2004

10/5

Hello,

I used to make my static routes 'permanent' in Redhat 9 by
putting the 'route add' command in the rc.local file. But I
note that in one machine the route is not automatically added.
What could be the reason?

The same problem for the firwall script. I have entered the
path /etc/rc.d/rc.ipmasq in the rc.local file. The script
should have executed to flush the iptable and give it the
rules. But now it does not seem to work. I have to run
./ipmasq in rc.d for the firewall after restarting.

Please advise.

Thanks  lot for the support.

Menon