RHEL4 release update?

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Wed Oct 6 16:08:16 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 11:15, jason-brown at comcast.net wrote:
> I was wondering that too.  I was also curious if you purchased RHEL v3, if
> there would be a free upgrade to v4 when it comes out.

Yes, if you still subscribed to the RHN, you can upgrades to any version that
RH release at during that time.

> Another question
> that I had was if Redhat is going to be using their RHEL kernel?  I do play
> a lot of video games on the side from doing work and the nVidia drivers
> were some what complicated to get working properly because it was not your
> standard 2.4.x kernel.

What complication? I use RHEL kernel with nVidia drivers and it's easy to
install. The only thing is that everytime Redhat release new kernel update I
have to re-install the driver and re-start X, but that's trivial.

RDB
--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Dept. Physics and Astronomy