basic linux question..

Anoop Bhat abhat at interpublic.com
Wed Oct 6 21:59:20 UTC 2004

in addtion to mark's response

you also want to make sure it is executable.

you can make it executable by all by using 'chown 755 filename'

or read up on man chown.

also, you want to make sure its in your $PATH. 'echo $PATH' to see what
its set to. Based on your shell, you can change it the path to
incorporate the full path for that particular file in $PATH and then you
will be able to just type

# filename

just like 'ping'.

-A