Monitor is working out of scan range

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Thu Oct 7 12:54:27 UTC 2004

I updated a Dell station yesterday from RedHat 9.0 to Fedora 2.  I did
the update with a clean install.

The system comes up fine.  I can log in and do all the graphics with
Matlab and Tecplot.

However, when I log out, the monitor goes black and a floating box with
the following message appears:

Monitor is working out of scan range  24.5 KHz to 54 Hz.

I changed the range in /etc/X11/xorg.conf from "30 KHz to 96 Hz" to "30
KHz to 54 Hz" and rebooted the system.
Again the first login works fine.  The logout goes to the black screen.

Where is the screen configuration program on Fedora 2?