Touch screen monitor and lcars

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at voyager.phys.utk.edu
Thu Oct 7 21:00:08 UTC 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 16:37, Daniel Vickers wrote:
> Hi, I am working on a project for a friend. Trying to get her computer
> running correctly and a suprise for her. She is a major star trek fan. Well
> I have a touch screen and have it working. But want to find a LCARS
> display/app. It needs to be able to run on both kde and gnome. Maybe even a
> console lcars app would be cool, that has mouse support in the console,
> sence i have the touch screen working in console. Any ways. If anyone has
> any suggestions on open source (free) apps that would solve these needs,
> that would be great.

I was looking at doing something like this, although I don't have touch
screen, but just a desktop with LCARS look alike (the buttons, windows frame,
etc). FVWM might be customizable enough to do it but it may take a whole lot
of configuration / programming to do, so I dropped it (since I didn't have
much spare time ). I'll be interested to hear what you come up with.

There's also a KDE Theme: http://themes.freshmeat.net/projects/lcarsaccess441/
but the buttons are just wallpaper so it can't do anything. I don't like it.

RDB

--
Reuben D. Budiardja
Dept. Physics and Astronomy