How to set a "public" directory? (Everyone can add and modify their own files)

Yin Ming yinming at mdc-ds.com
Fri Oct 8 04:45:16 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm looking for a way to setup a directory working like this:
1. Everyone can add, modify, delete their own files or sub-dirs to this
directory, and access other users' files if the permission is permited.
2. If the permissions are not permited, one user cannot delete other's
files

I think it's same as the /tmp directory, so I tried to see what the
param of /tmp is. ls -l, but nothing special..

3. Besides that, I want this directory:
Any user adds a file or sub-dir to this directory, the owner and group
of that file become those ones of the parent directory.

How to set this special directory?

--
ÒóÃù <yinming at mdc-ds.com>