Hwo to set different LC_ALL between console and X?

Yin Ming yinming at mdc-ds.com
Fri Oct 8 05:00:34 UTC 2004

Every one love to use their mother-languages, for me, it's GB2312, a
Chinsese encode. And when I installed RH9, I select Chinese as the
default language, and the whole X works fine with Chinese, but, it's
rather worse in text-mode console, I mean, logining into text-mode
console. Commands still out Chinese chars, they appear like !@%#WFE at Q...
I want to set LC to C when I login into text-mode console, and set LC to
GB2312 when I get into X, ( I usually power the system in runlevel 5)

I managed to set it in those profiles, but in scrpts, I don't know how
to distinguish whether I'm in text-mode or X, could anyone help me?
--
ÒóÃù <yinming at mdc-ds.com>