USB Flash drive ??

Yin Ming yinming at mdc-ds.com
Fri Oct 8 06:09:40 UTC 2004

Hello, they answered very well, and I add some experience of myself.

I have two, one is the flash of a DC, another is a MP3 player,

1.In my RH9, every modules are installed automaticly, (in fact I don't
know which are necessary) So after pluging those USB stuffs, it print
something on the console, means some USB devices have been installed.

2. I ls /proc/scsi, and found some usb-storage-0 or -1 there, things ge
well.

3. than I tried mount -t vfat /dev/sda or sda1 or sda2... /mnt/ud
failed. Error msg is :
... bad option, or too many filesystems...
Strange.

4. I tried fdisk to see what stuffs are in it, it prints strange
partitions. I couldn't understand what it output.

5. After reading the man fdisk, I found it's better to use sfdisk, then
I tried it. It worked fine, and I got where the data partition is.

6. The following is simple, and to make it safer, I used:
mount -t auto /dev/sda1 /mnt/ud
It worked, It seem I used a wrong fs type, or wrong partition.

7. Another flash was worse. I couldn't find the data partition, so I
kill it:
Using sfdisk to delete all, and creating a new partition, with all the
size.
mkmsdosfs
mount
OK! ^_^