sendmail issue - SOS

Redhat Enterprise redhat_help at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 8 20:34:19 UTC 2004

hi all,

I want to send a mail to our company smtp relay from
my server, i just don't want to relay it just that
want to send a mail to a user existing in that
server(company smtp - this runs domino). What should i
do in order to do that?. All these are internal
communications. No internet  mail transfers.
What i did was simply tried was to send a mail to that
server as follows:

mail -v -s test testuser at smtprelay2.october.org

the result was :

testuser at smtprelay2.october.org... Connecting to
[127.0.0.1] via relay...
220 redhead.october.org ESMTP Sendmail 8.12.8/8.12.8;
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 01:12:01 +0300
>>> EHLO redhead.october.org
250-redhead.october.org Hello localhost [127.0.0.1],
pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE
250-DSN
250-ETRN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
250 2.1.0 <root at redhead.october.org>... Sender ok
>>> RCPT To:<testuser at smtprelay2.october.org>
>>> DATA
250 2.1.5 <testuser at smtprelay2.october.org>...
Recipient ok
354 Enter mail, end with "." on a line by itself
>>> .
250 2.0.0 i98MC1U9016490 Message accepted for delivery
testuser at smtprelay2.october.org... Sent
(i98MC1U9016490 Message accepted for
delivery)
Closing connection to [127.0.0.1]
>>> QUIT
221 2.0.0 redhead.october.org closing connection
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root

The problem which i think is:

My smtp server is not connecting to
smtprelay2.october.org instead it's doin a local
delivery. How can i correct this?. But i could telnet
to my company smtp server and sendmail using smtp
commands.

The following is the sendmail debug message:

 sendmail -d0 < /dev/null
Version 8.12.8
 Compiled with: DNSMAP HESIOD HES_GETMAILHOST LDAPMAP
LOG MAP_REGEX
                MATCHGECOS MILTER MIME7TO8 MIME8TO7
NAMED_BIND NETINET NETINET6
                NETUNIX NEWDB NIS PIPELINING SASL
SCANF STARTTLS TCPWRAPPERS
                USERDB USE_LDAP_INIT

============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf)
      (short domain name) $w = redhead
  (canonical domain name) $j = redhead.october.org
         (subdomain name) $m = october.org
              (node name) $k = redhead

Do U want my .mc or .cf files?

Pls help me. Thanks for the support.