Experiences with Linux versions. Suggested versions for a serverwith two processors and 64Gb of RAM

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Thu Oct 14 14:44:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 03:22:27PM +0200, Karasik, Vitaly wrote:
> as far as I remember, you need RHEL 3 *AS* for 64GB RAM

According to http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/comparison/, ES is
supported on 32-bit systems with up to 8GB and 64-bit systems with 16GB.

That doesn't mean that the it won't work with 64GB - the software is the
same - but it could limit your support options.

http://www.redhat.com/software/rhel/as/ says that systems with 16 CPUs
and 64GB of memory are supported.

        .../Ed

--