dialup router

rooker james_l_rooker at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 01:38:36 UTC 2004

Hope I can help with this one -- US Robotics used to make an Office
Connect Lan Router that had a 56k analog modem in it  -- and could be
used just like any other router ...The 56k analog version of that router
is hard to find now given the rise of cable/dsl connections and the
obvious use for routers with those...

Also a company called Webramp used to make  a 56k modem/router unit --
Netgear also made a unit that was a router with a 56k analog modem built
into it that  was intended
to be used as you describe ...

None of these units are still currently sold to my knowledge -- but all
are available still on
www.ebay.com ---

Also the officeconnect Lan 56k unit is available still through
www.usr.com -- but it is
listed a "business modem" on their product  page...

Hope this helps--

James Rooker,...