Dial-up Internet Access

Nathaniel Hall halln at otc.edu
Mon Oct 18 16:17:14 UTC 2004

While on the subject of modems, here is a question for ya.  I am running
Fedora Core 2 on a system with a Hayes external serial modem.  I would
like to make this system dial-out to my ISP and use it as my firewall
between the ISP and my private network.

I tried this before, but I forgot what problems I was having.  I would
like to be able to do this all from command line so that I can place
everything in a script so that when the connection drops it
automatically redials to the ISP.  Any suggestions?

--
Nathaniel Hall
Intrusion Detection and Firewall Technician

halln at otc.edu
417-799-0552