What causes these errors?

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Thu Oct 21 15:34:51 UTC 2004

We recently had a power outage and *none* of our workstations are on
backups - which will be changing in the future.  However I recently have
been seeing this warnings in the logs and was curious what would be
causing them and if they are related to the power outage:

WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
    I/O error: dev 08:10, sect...:  7Time(s)
    sdb: I/O error: dev 08:10, sect...:  7Time(s)

Do I need to run fschk on the filesystem?  One of the machines crapped
out quite badly...I had to rebuild it because of the outage...

Ryan