About Kernel Update 2.4 to 2.6 + Redhat 8.0

Vahric MUHTARYAN vahric at doruk.net.tr
Thu Oct 21 16:40:27 UTC 2004

Hi ,

            Today I updated my own Redhat 8.0 kernel ( 2.4.18-smp ) to 2.6.9
. I have a some problems , if somebody have a idea or knowledge please share
with me .

1) I get QM_MODULES error , but I found that I have to install
module_init_tools without clear/delete old one after that I an use modprobe
or lsmod command without problem but when Redhat start the services at the
opening , it's giving an same error at the usb_uhci section ( QM_MODULES
error ) I don't understand why ? Because module_init_tools already updated
?!

2) When I want to run top program , I'm getting fscanf failed on /proc/stat
for cpu 1 error , I searche google but I could not find any clear
information ?! I think I have to update top program , any idea ?!

3) Does any update I have to for moving kernel for 2.4 to 2.6 on my system
?!

Thanks for helps
Best Regards

Vahric