second nic on asus a7n8x nvidia chipset problem

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Thu Oct 21 23:01:43 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "kluu te" <linuxpower at operamail.com>
To: <redhat-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 9:57 AM
Subject: second nic on asus a7n8x nvidia chipset problem

> I have tried to install a second nic on asus a7n8x motherboard in both
rh7.2,rh9 and rh fc2 with no luck, The card is not listed in hwconf and even
windows xp I have on a parition can't find it.
> Is there anything in the bios I have to set. I have tried anything with no
luck so far, so if anybody have any idea I would appreciate that.
> --

I will be very interested in seeing what answer you receive.  I tried with
no success to get either the Nvidia LAN or the Marvell Yukon connector live
and running...I found numerous google references to other people frustration
but no good answers.  Eventually I disabled both LAN ports and threw an
Intel Pro 100+ in and was done with it...funny thing was...I was going to
enable the port again and see if FC2 was any different...LOL...as per your
post...that would appear to be a big fat NO...

-Eucke