group quota limit

Rushan Sobar Rushan at mec.com.jo
Mon Oct 25 15:55:17 UTC 2004

Dear all,

i have quota running on my machine REDHAT 9.
user quota working fine
but when i add more than one user with same primary group and i limit that group with group quota it seems not to be functional and not limiting both users in the group and when i check group quota its not giving the sum of the both users quota.

any advice or any help how if i want to add users under one group and i limit them by a size like 20MB for all users under this group

P.S user quota and group quota enable on my system
My /etc/fstab as the following

LABEL=/           /                ext3  defaults,usrquota,grpquota        1 2
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults           1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620     0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults           0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults           0 0
/dev/sda3               swap                    swap    defaults           0 0
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto    noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0

and my quota on its working find on normal user quota and it limit the user fine on the soft limit and hard limit
just when i add more than user in a group and set a group quota the users quota can go over the group quota.
also the group quota dont show the sum of the users usage its show other value.

any hints??

dangerous content by MEC E-Mail Scanner, and is
believed to be clean.
--
www.mec.com.jo