"File size limit exceeded" problem in Red Hat 8

IT Dept ismanager at ccbnpts.com
Wed Oct 27 15:39:41 UTC 2004

Why not use 'logrotate' to move the trace log and keep it from growing
too big?

I understand this doesn't address the problem directly but to me the
thought of looking (or even parsing) a 2gb log files makes my head hurt.
Better to chop that sucker up on a regular basis so you can actually
have an easier time data mining.

As for the error, sorry, don't have a reason why it'd kick that back to
you. You didn't say if the application it's self had a file parse limit,
or even what the program is. IMHO it's probably the program generating
the file that is choking on it, possibily it has a limit to how much it
can parse to find the EOF and append to it.

Paul Pettit
IT Manager
CCB Inc.