"File size limit exceeded" problem in Red Hat 8

C. Linus Hicks lhicks at nc.rr.com
Wed Oct 27 19:11:21 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 14:01, Jake Brown wrote:
>         I looked into the features.h file, however it does not contain
>         any of the definitions you mentioned, probably because gcc
>         2.6.3 does not support large file size. However the gcc coming
>         with Red Hat 8 does have a large file support, but I can not
>         use it as my simulator requires gcc2.6.3.
>
>         Is there a way to work it around?

I just posted an update to my answer to the mailing list. Try that
first. Add these to your CFLAGS:

-D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64

The compiler version should be less important than the version of the
OS, and I know full well that RH 8 supports large files. So it isn't
clear to me why your features.h doesn't have those defines. The only
32-bit RedHat system I have is 7.1 and that's where I tested this.

--
C. Linus Hicks <lhicks at nc.rr.com>