Iptables startup question

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii Rudolf.ladyzhenskii at opennw.com
Wed Oct 27 22:38:22 UTC 2004

Hi, all

I have slight problem with Red Hat 9.0. It is running on my Internet gateway machine. If I reboot it, there is no Internet traffic goes through.
I have to run:
'service iptables restart' to get it going.

The interesting thing is that iptables is running on boot up and it is verified by using 'service iptables status'. But I have to restart it to get working.

Thsi problem did not exist while I was running RH 7.2.
Now, I have built another machine  at work to serve as network gateway. Red Hat 9.0 and I have exactly same problem on it.

My guess would be the sequency of services starting. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rudolf