How I can send a Packet to every Body on Internet

Crucificator crucificator at home.ro
Fri Oct 29 09:47:47 UTC 2004

Steve Buehler wrote:

> I would have to say a few things here.
> 1.  Either I don't understand your question.
> 2.  Or, you are a hacker on a suicide mission and are just asking
> people to hunt you down and literally kill you.
> 3.  Or I do understand the question, but you don't.
>
> You might want to explain why you are asking to hit every IP on the
> internet if you don't want to get flamed.
>
> At 05:23 AM 10/28/2004, you wrote:
>
>>   How I Can send a Packet to every body on the Internet.If I will
>> send a Packet to 255.255.255.255 what will happen.Is this enough

Steve,

For what possible reason would someone want to transmit just one packet
to hit every IP on the internet? The obvious effect is increased speed
of hitting the entire net. Not increased speed of RX/TX or sometthing
else. So seems to me the intention is probing. While this could be a
shitty idea for a software it could prove very usefull for a script
kiddie that found, let's say KaHT exploit and want to probe for
Microshit massive RPC exploit. The only problem he has is that it is
undoable. :)

Daniel Goldin wrote:

>>Ha, ha, ha, ha. That was very funny. I must try that script. You
>>should compress it in a tar.z file and upload it to sourceforge. Then
>>create a homepage called handandfeetfree.org.
>>Or failmail.com.

Yeah, part of your idea is great. I think I will make this site. But I will not compress the script, I will compile it and post a link to the program so that the poor souls that need it could run it directly from my page. Maybe the processor is busy sending packets to all the microwave ovens and kitchen robots in the world, so why overload it and the poor guy's head with a trivial decompression?

I propose that from this day forth, Oct 29-th will be the redhat-list day when everybody should pass a packet to its neighbour so that it will hit the entire internet...