IP address resolution.

rupesh kumar kumar rupesh_533 at rediffmail.com
Fri Oct 29 12:40:38 UTC 2004

Hai everybody,

         I have a box which needs to be configured to the IPAddress which the client wishes. The client will attach an ipaddress to my box's MAC Address by giving the command
    'arp -s x.x.x.x xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx'  at dos prompt.

      then he gives 'telnet x.x.x.x portno' portno is my box's portno.

  Aim is to connect to my box and resolve the ipaddress the client has given and configure the box to that IP address..

  While doing telnet the packets are coming to the box but they are dropped at the ethernet level.

   I request you to send any solution/suggestion to my problem.

Regards,
Rupesh.