ftp questions....

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sat Oct 30 14:38:32 UTC 2004

On 10/30/04 09:29, bruce wrote:

> [root at lserver2 root]# ftp 127.0.0.1
> Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1).
> 220 lserver2.mesa.com FTP server ready

Darn, that doesn't help.

> i'm running rh 8.0

Well, I've never run RHL 8 so I'll take a few guesses.

RHL 8 does use xinetd so have a look at /etc/xinetd.d/*ftp* and you'll
hopefully find your server there.  If you cat the file, you'll see that
it's enabled and it will tell you the name of the program that it's
invoking.    You can also do rpm -qf /etc/xinetd.d/<filename> and you'll
get the package name.  rpm -qc on that package name will list the config
files that it uses.

	.../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE