ftp questions....

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Sat Oct 30 14:57:33 UTC 2004

Yes, someone who set up the server modified the file for wu-ftpd (that
file has been included in wu-ftpd RPM) to run ProFTPd. The names of
files in /etc/xinetd.d has no meaning to xinetd, only content of those
files is used. So you could rename that file to 'proftpd' or something
similar to prevent confusion in the future.

For the location of FTP config file you should look in PROftpd
documentation. Most probably, config file will be something like
/etc/proftpd.conf. Try to use 'man proftpd'.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux
http://www.brainbench.com