linux, tomcat5, jsvc, chroot and jsvc error:Invalid user name 'nobody' specified

Bob Smith bob at netprt.com
Mon Sep 20 02:20:45 UTC 2004

Your mount points may not be visible under your chrooted enviornment.
In addition, you may need to verify that you can actually access
applications and shared object libraries within your chrooted environment.

Try chrooting into your protected diskspace area and environment.  What you
want to do is to try running ldd on some of the applications that you are
having problems with.  What ldd will do will be to tell you what shared
object libraries are used by any given application, where they are located
or where the application is looking for them, and whether or not they can
be loaded.  You would be surprised what some of the applications
are looking for, and what they can't find.  Often, the errors that you
get are not what you would expect.

-Bob