Anybody using VMWare? We're thinking of trying it.

Michael Scully agentscully at flexiblestrategies.com
Sun Sep 26 16:27:58 UTC 2004

Ben:

	I have played with it in most of its generations since it was
released.  Just beware that you'll have a virtual hardware environment for
Windows to install under - display, disk, mouse, network adapter, etc.  They
might even have virtual SCSI now.  But Windows doesn't see the real
hardware, only the virtual hardware that VMWare creates.  If your Windows
applications need more intimacy with hardware devices, you might find some
limitations.

	All in all VMWare is an amazing hack - one of the most clever things
I've seen in 21 years in this business.  Since you can download a 30 day
trial, what's to lose?

Scully