recovering from stupidity tar

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Thu Sep 2 00:33:44 UTC 2004

On 16:56 31 Aug 2004, Mike Burger <mburger at bubbanfriends.org> wrote:
| Do you still have the directory in which you compiled it, originally?  If
| so, the executable may still be there...you could either copy it over, or
| you could do another "make install".

The other thing worth mentioning (for next time) is that when I do builds
I routinely use the "script" command to log the terminal session and
recite the shell history before exiting the session. That way I have a
log file with my configure line etc for later reference.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

The reason that God was able to create the world in seven days is that he
didn't have to worry about the installed base.  - Enzo Torresi