Provide SSH to someone w/ dynamic IP address {Scanned}

SW wppiphoto at wppi.com
Sat Sep 4 04:08:47 UTC 2004

Hi Mike,

> Comcast does, indeed, have a rather wide IP addresses, true, but your
> friend is only going to get an address in a small subnet

I wish that was the case...I've been manually updating my firewall whenever
his ip address changes and they are not even close let alone in the same ip
subnet:

64.12.116.x
68.49.152.x
68.49.155.x
68.49.156.x
68.49.157.x
152.163.252.x

I'm willing to open up my box to a subnet xxx.xxx.xxx.0 but so far the range
of ip addresses he is getting is so large, it will defeat the purpose to
blocking ssh because I would have to open up to so many ranges. Is there any
solution?

Thanks,

SW