Why Linux can't visit public net?

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Sat Sep 4 12:23:27 UTC 2004

On Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:34:32 +0300, Crucificator wrote:

> >>My computer's OS is Red Hat Linux7.3,I can ping this Linux computer

> >Post the unmodified output of the following commands to add some
> >details:
> >
> >  cat /etc/resolv.conf
> >  netstat -nr
> >  /sbin/ifconfig -a
> >
> >Also describe what steps you did to configure your network.
> >

> iptables -L wont hurt, too... :)

Then /sbin/ipchains-save, please, since the machine is running Valhalla,
and ipchains -L would not be as readable. Btw, iptables-save would also
print the rules for all tables in case the machine has been converted
to using iptables/netfilter.

--
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl
loadavg: 0.26 0.22 0.14