Operating System Not Found Error.

Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com Andrew.Bridgeman at corusgroup.com
Mon Sep 6 10:49:31 UTC 2004

I have come in this morning to find out one of Linux boxes a HP X4000
running (Redhat 7.1) in a state where it cannot boot the operating system i
get a black screen with the error below

CLIENT MAC ADDR: 00 E0 81 Q0 58 8C GUID.00000000.000 etc
PXE-E53 NO BOOT FILENAME RECIEVED
PXE- MQF EXISTING INTEL PXE ROM
OPERATING SYSTEM NOT FOUND

Then it repeats itself over and over.

It seems to be looking for DHCP for a while then gives up and keeps doing a
loop, the strange thing is that it has not been set-up for DHCP . The
machine has a static Mac address.

Can someone please advise me on what to check and do in reasonable simple
terms to sort this issue out. Thanks

Regards

Andrew Bridgeman
IT Systems Engineer
Corus Automotive
IARC Building
University of Warwick
Coventry
CV47AL
Tel: +44 (0)2476 241262

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.