Operating System Not Found Error.

Hugh E Cruickshank hugh at forsoft.com
Mon Sep 6 11:10:02 UTC 2004

Hi Andrew:

The messages you are seeing are probably coming from you network
card when it can not find a bootable system on your local machine.
It is attempting to do a remote OS load.

It sounds like the system can not find your hard drive. I would
first check the boot sequence in BIOS to make sure it is still
configured to boot form the hard drive. I would then boot from
a floppy or CD and check that a) the hard drive is still
configured, b) that it is readable c) that it still has a
valid partition table, d) that it still has a valid MBR and
e) that it still has a valid LINUX division table.

HTH

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com